NISSAN MICRA CVT AUTOMATIC GETS MORE ACCESSIBLE WITH LIMITED EDITION MICRA X-SHIFT LAUNCH
MUMBAI, India (July 07, 2015) – Nissan today introduced a new variant of its Micra CVT Automatic hatchback with a view to make the Xtronic CVT Technology closer to buyers in the automatic segment.
- Nissan’s Xtronic CVT Technology will now be available in a more accessible XL variant
- Limited Edition Nissan Micra X-Shift launched to celebrate Micra’s 5th Anniversary in India
- Based on the new CVT XL, the Micra X-Shift is limited to 750 units and will come with added style and convenience features at no extra cost
NEW NISSAN MICRA CVT AUTOMATIC XL
The New Micra CVT Automatic XL variant comes equipped with Nissan’s efficient Xtronic CVT automatic gearbox, making Micra the first, and the only, car in its segment to sport one. Xtronic CVT Technology delivers an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 19.34kmpl in the Micra, which is better than any automatic hatchback in its class. It is also more fun to drive with no shift shock during acceleration compared to conventional automatic transmissions.
Xtronic CVT transmission comes with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) with three modes for Sporty, Normal and Economy oriented driving. The technology predicts driver’s requirements and delivers the optimum shift pattern to achieve both fuel economy and drivability. The ‘Sport’ mode, which can be activated via a button on the shift lever, gives an extra boost to the car’s performance.
The new XL CVT variant comes with all features of the XL variant plus standard Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). Additions to the interior include a new premium steering wheel and also a convenient driver’s arm rest.
NEW NISSAN MICRA X-SHIFT
The announcement of this new variant also marks Micra’s 5th Anniversary in India. Nissan’s premium hatchback was the first locally manufactured product in India, launched in July 2010. To celebrate this milestone, the new Micra CVT Automatic XL will also be available in a Limited Edition X-Shift trim.
The X-Shift will be limited to 750 units and will come with a raft of exciting features to jazz up the driving experience:
- Premium matte black roof wrap and side decals add an athletic touch
- Chrome exhaust tip finisher adds sportiness to the rear
- Branded floor mats, silver-finished door armrests and premium LED scuff plates enliven up the interior
- Reverse parking sensors for ease of parking