The most affordable premium automatic hatchback in India Nissan announces Micra CVT
NEW DELHI, INDIA | 10 JUNE, 2016
- A starting price of Rs 5.99 Lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi) makes the Micra CVT the most affordable automatic in the premium hatchback segment
- Micra CVT (continuously variable transmission) comes with Nissan's globally acclaimed advanced X-TRONIC transmission technology
- Most exported hatchback from India; available in more than 80 countries across the globe, and has sold more than 6 million units globally
- Packed with safety features to ensure all round safety and an ARAI certified mileage of 19.34 kmpl, Nissan Micra CVT offers safety, performance and economy in one stylish package
Nissan today announced its locally-produced and technology-packed Micra CVT, at a very attractive price of 5.99 Lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi) making it the most affordable premium CVT automatic hatchback in the market.
The CVT model, produced at Nissan's Oragadam Plant in Chennai, features Nissan's globally-renowned X-TRONIC CVT automatic transmission offering the fun, comfort and practicality of an automatic with higher fuel efficiency than a manual transmission.
Compared to a conventional CVT (continuously variable transmission), X-TRONIC CVT transmission is more fun to drive with no shift shocks and smoother
acceleration. Nissan was the first manufacturer to bring this technology based on CVT to the premium hatchback segment in India.
With a mileage of 19.34 kmpl (as per ARAI), the Micra CVT offers a complete and attractive package of style, performance and value-for-money.
Making the announcement, Arun Malhotra, Managing
Director – Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “The Nissan Micra CVT brings new levels of technology, performance and style to the premium hatchback segment in India.
Its raft of practical features offer a safer, more enjoyable driving experience that raises the bar in this part of the market. What's more, the attractive price and impressive fuel economy makes it an even more compelling choice in terms of both drivingpleasure and value for money.”
“As Micra is produced right here in India, we are able to better serve the market in terms of faster, more efficient delivery and improved localization levels. This allows us to pass on these benefits to our customers in the form of a revised, even more competitive price for our popular premium hatchback” added Malhotra.
Both variants of the Nissan Micra CVT are competitively priced making them the most attractive package among all premium hatchback automatic options in India and will be available at the following prices:
The elegant Nissan Micra CVT is loaded with many new technological features:
- Smart Key with Push start stop, steering
mounted audio controls, rear LED combi lamp, follow-me home headlamps and auto air conditioning controls all combine to make the Nissan Micra CVT a highly attractive package
- Speed sensing doors that lock automatically when the vehicle starts moving provide an added level of safety for your near and dear ones. The Nissan Micra CVT comes with SRS Dual Airbags and Nissan Safety Shield – Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) adding a layer of safety tothe occupants and giving peace of mind while on the move
- The Nissan Micra CVT’s 15” alloy wheels enhance the vehicle’s stance and gives it better on-road handling dynamics.
- The overall Nissan Micra range starts at Rs. 4.51 Lakh (Ex-Showroom Delhi) with the diesel variant returning a maximum mileage of 23.08 kmpl under ARAI test conditions.
About Nissan Micra
- The Micra has a heritage spanning over 35 years and is currently in its fourth generation
- The first generation was launched in 1982 as the Nissan March in Japan. The name March was the result of a public poll
- The name Micra is derived out of the word ‘micro'
- Micra was the first locally produced Nissan model in India. Production started in 2010
- Micra has established its credentials by winning many awards and accolades worldwide. Among others, the Micra was awarded the top spot in VDS in India
- It is also one of the most exported cars from India
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a global full-line vehicle manufacturer that sells more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In fiscal year 2015, the company sold more than 5.4 million vehicles globally,
generating revenue of 12.19 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets the world's best-selling all-electric vehicle in history, the Nissan
LEAF. Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan, manages operations in six regions: ASEAN & Oceania; Africa, Middle East & India; China;
Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has a global workforce of 247,500, and has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault under the Renault-Nissan Alliance since March 1999.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Rahul Mathur/Vijayendra Vikram Singh
Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.
Mobile : +91-9999673459