Nissan India unveils the all-new Nissan Magnite B-SUV
To watch the virtual global reveal and learn more about the vehicle, visit https://lnkd.in/dvYw_8j
New Delhi, October 21, 2020 – Built on the philosophy of ‘Make in India, Make for the World’, Nissan India has unveiled their much-awaited B-SUV, the all-new Nissan Magnite. This is the company’s first ever product under the Nissan NEXT strategy for the Indian market, scheduled to be introduced in the second half of FY 2020-21. A true reflection of the ‘Nissan-ness’ concept that aims to empower people through breakthrough products and technologies, the all-new Nissan Magnite was unveiled to the global audience via a virtual event. Key spokespersons from Nissan’s leadership teams in Africa, Middle East, and India (AMI), presented the livestreamed event, with Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, driving in the all-new Nissan Magnite.
“The all-new Nissan Magnite plays a vital role in our Nissan NEXT strategy and represents Nissan’s undeniable commitment to the Indian market as a customer-centric organization. The car reiterates our brand philosophy of keeping customers at the heart of everything we do to deliver exciting products for enriching experiences. As we continue to prioritize and invest in the Indian consumer, who is aspirational and discerning with vehicles, we aim for the all-new Nissan Magnite to be the first product that will enable sustainable growth. Nissan will continue to be the primary brand in India,” said Sinan Ozkok, President, Nissan Motor India.
The all-new Nissan Magnite is a testimony to Nissan’s global SUV DNA of relentless innovation, advanced technology, and Japanese engineering. It features latest technology as a part of Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM), the company’s vision as to how vehicles are powered, driven, and integrated into society. Designed in Japan, keeping in mind the requirements and aspirations of the Indian customers, the all-new Nissan Magnite comes with numerous first-in-class and best-in-segment features that provides consumers with a differentiated, innovative, and accessible ownership experience.
‘Carismatic’ – Dynamic, Vibrant with Premium design
The all-new Nissan Magnite’s statuesque presence can make it stand out even in the most bustling of streets. Made with the perfect blend of style and functionality, its first-in-segment Flare Garnet Red (Tint-Coat) Color exudes premium-ness through depth and quality, symbolic of India’s dynamic and vibrant energy. There are 9 body colors, 5 monotone and 4 dual tone are available to suit customer tastes. Built for those who take charge of every journey, the car has the sleekest headlamps assembled in its class with lightsaber-style turn indicators, while its L-shape LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and dominating front grille is unlike any other design in the B-SUV segment. When it comes to the interiors, the all-new Nissan Magnite has achieved the best level of packaging and seating comfort. Its horizontal instrument panel structure double deck console makes it wider, spacious and provides plenty of functional storages. Along with that, the all-new Nissan Magnite also has a tech pack which has a wireless charger, air purifier, puddle lamps and ambient /mood lighting, premium speakers (JBL powered by Harman).
With 60-40 split foldable rear seats for utmost flexibility, it is the most spacious B-SUV, which has a huge ‘couple distance’ (distance between the driver and side passenger) of 700mm + rear knee room of 593mm + rear headroom of 76mm. The front seats are designed to create an open interior space, delivering the spaciousness that one would experience while sitting in the rear, also known as the ‘one-class-above’ knee room.
The all-new Nissan Magnite’s luggage room capacity (336L) is top-level in its class and can accommodate 3 suitcases*.
Powerful performance & advanced Japanese technology
A first in its segment, the all-new Nissan Magnite is also equipped with one of Nissan’s top support technology, the Around View Monitor (AVM), which gives the driver a virtual bird’s eye view from above the vehicle.
The all-new Nissan Magnite, is spacious and premium as it is equipped with intuitive packaging and human-centric engineering, such as the best-in segment 7-inch TFT meter with welcome animation and tyre pressure monitoring system and 8-inch infotainment display with full flush touchscreen, Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and built-in voice recognition. It also comes with Nissan’s innovative technology, Nissan Connect, that offers 50+ features (geo fence, roadside assistance, smart watch connectivity etc.) to transform the car as per customer needs.
As one of the most fuel-efficient (20 kmpl) B-SUVs in the market, it comes with a powerful engine, the HRA0, which delivers higher torque at a lower speed than normal torque. The all-new HRA0 1.0-liter Turbo engine is first of its kind in the country and is available with Manual 5 speed and X-TRONIC CVT gearbox. The HRA0 1.0-liter Turbo engine adopts “mirror bore cylinder coating” technology from world class sports cars such as the Nissan GT-R that reduces resistance inside the engine, thus delivering smooth acceleration and efficient use of fuel. It also features 6 technical improvements that result in better fuel economy, lower CO2 emissions. The HRA0 1.0-liter Turbo engine provides a new experience of responsive and quicker acceleration, whilst also refining Noise, Vibration and Harshness through improved powertrain and road noise isolation, resulting in a quieter cabin.
With Nissan’s signature X-TRONIC CVT gearbox, Cruise Control and wider gear range, the all-new Nissan Magnite delivers seamless performance even in peak city traffic. It’s D-step logic control computer software uses dynamic inputs like vehicle speed, accelerator pedal position and application speed to determine the ideal gear ratio needed to deliver an exhilarating drive and smooth cruises on the highways.
The all-new Nissan Magnite’s features are developed in compliance with Indian safety regulations to ensure customer safety. Built with high strength and impact absorbing efficient body structure, it is equipped with safety features such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), speed sensing door lock, central locking and SRS dual airbag system with pretension & load limiter seatbelt for driver and passenger.
Nissan’s unique Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system increases the all-new Nissan Magnite’s stability, allowing the driver to have better control, especially in poor weather conditions. Additionally, the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) helps improve the driver’s braking ability while maintaining control of the vehicle in an emergency.
“Given the growing popularity of B-SUVs in India, we aim for the all-new Nissan Magnite to redefine the segment and surpass customer expectations in the country. It is the ideal aspirational upgrade for hatchback customers in India who are weighing their options and looking to own a world-class SUV, from a globally renowned brand that has a strong SUV heritage,” said Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India. “The all-new Nissan Magnite is truly a complete package as the big, bold, beautiful and carismatic B-SUV that offers best in class space for family and friends; dynamic design and high ground clearance, HRA0 1.0-litre Turbo engine for thrill seekers; and advanced Japanese technology for today’s discerning customers and tech enthusiasts. We are confident of its capability to become a game changer in the Indian market,” he added.
Beautiful All LED Front Exteriors
- LED bi-projector headlamps (sleekest in class with even wider coverage)
- LED lightsaber-style turn indicators
- LED L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED fog lamps
Bold SUV Cues
- 205 mm ground clearance (among the best)
- Best-in-class turning radius (5.0m)
- Functional roof rails with 50kg load bearing
- Square wheel arches for bold styling
- Front and rear silver skid plates
- Integrated sculpted bodyside cladding
- Stunning diamond cut alloys, standard 16-inch wheels
Bold & Beautiful Premium Cues
- HRA0 1.0-litre Turbo engine
- Best-in-class Nissan Signature X-Tronic CVT transmission
- Sporty IP with stylish horizontal execution and premium finish
- Sleek chrome DLO (daylight opening)
- Carefully crafted door seals
- Wide split taillamps
- First-in-class eye grabbing Flare garnet red (tint coat) colour
- Tall floor console with smartphone tray
Big on Interior Comfort & Convenience
- Big on Interior Comfort & Convenience High command eye position (best-in-class visibility & opening angle)
- Best-in-class rear knee room
- Best-in-class ‘couple distance’ (shoulder room in the front row)
- Sporty & welcoming seats
- Rear armrest with 2 cupholders and first-in-class mobile holder
- 5-degree tilt of centre stack for driver centric cockpit feel
- 336L cargo space with flexible capacity by 60:40 split foldable rear seats
- Ergonomically designed buttons for ease of control for the driver
- Best-in-class 10L glovebox with illumination
Big on Technology
- HRA0 1.0-litre Turbo engine
- Best-in-class Nissan Signature X-Tronic CVT transmission
- First-in-class AVM (Around View Monitor) to give a bird’s eye view – toggle between rear view, bird’s eye view and RH camera for eased parallel, perpendicular parking and front camera for taking out from tight spots
- Best-in-class driving eco function – rates driving and assigns score, also provides suggestions to improve efficient driving skills
- First-in-class full 7-inch TFT instrument cluster with built-in tyre pressure monitor
- First-in-class ‘welcome animation’
- Toggle the menu and up/down buttons for all functions
- Fully integrated steering wheel controls for audio, cluster and Cruise Control
- 8-inch full flash touch screen with best-in-class wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay (compatible with latest devices) with 6 Speakers
- Carefully placed microphone and speaker for better phone calls
- Nissan Connect
Big on Safety
- SRS dual airbags
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) for safe vehicle manoeuvring in tight corners and risk situations
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) for comfortable stop and go in slopes and hilly terrains
- Traction Control (TC) for best vehicle control in different terrains
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Anti-Roll bar for tight cornering at high speeds giving low body roll
About Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.
Nissan Motor India Private Ltd. (NMIPL) is a 100 percent subsidiary of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Japan. The company was incorporated in 2005 and offers innovative and exciting products across the hatchback, MUV, SUV and sedan segments in India. Nissan together with its global alliance partner Renault set up a manufacturing plant and a Research & Development Centre near Chennai. Nissan in India has a portfolio of two brands, Nissan and Datsun. For more information, visit www.nissan.in.
FOR FURTHER MEDIA QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT:
Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.
E-mail : email@example.com